Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Do I glorify God?

In my first entry, I want to say just this: Do I glorify God as a wife and mother? If I cannot answer yes to this all-important question, than I am not in obedience to His Word. Next question . . . If I am glorifying God, what results do I see to prove that to be true? . . . or If I am not glorifying God, what do I need to cut out or change in my life to make sure I can and do glorify Him?

I believe my most important job as a wife and mother is to make sure that I'm living my life according to God's Word. If there are aspects of my life that others see and may not agree with, do I change because I want them to approve of me, or do I keep on quietly obeying what God's Word says because my most important accomplishment is to obey the Lord?

As I train my children, am I showing them the love of Christ by serving their daddy? What if he was not kind that day, left his socks on the floor, didn't push in his chair at the dinner table, or said something rude that hurt my feelings? Does any of that matter?

NO!!

  • When Ephesians 4:32 says, "And be ye kind one to another . . . " it does not say that that kindness is conditional or situational. It simply commands me to be kind.
  • John 13 records the account of Jesus washing His Disciples feet. He loved them even before those 12 men loved Him, and Judas Iscariot was among them. Love is unconditional.
As I look forward to our seventh anniversary in July, I am praying for the Lord to give me a special measure of His Grace to do what He requires of me. Obedience to Him in not based on
having the right conditions in a given situation. It is based on my willingness to follow what the Lord says, even if everyone else is going in the opposite direction.

It is late, and I am tired. There is more . . . oh, so much more!

Let's look at Titus 2 next. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment